So here I am sitting on my couch thinking about what to write, and you see sometimes writers block does come into play, and sometimes it doesn’t and the words just flow. I wanted to let you know that sometimes I don’t have the right words to put down but at least I am trying, and well that’s all that really matters right?
You see ever since I started reading (well since I was a youngin’), I’ve always had recipes rolling around in my noggin’. And this is just one of the recipes I thought would be the prefect for the Hunger Games Trilogy. You see the books were amazing, the movies were great too. I usually have them playing 2 or 3 times a week (even just for background noise). Since it is one of my favorite books/movies.
I’m always on the look out for Katniss’ speech to rile up the troops to join in the rebellion, or when Peeta ask’s Katniss at the end of Mockingjay part 2 – Do you love me? True or False? and she responds by saying ‘True’. Those are some of my favorite moments. Now mind you there are many more but I know you will remember these lines just like I have, and just maybe you’ll want to make these delicious muffins while popping the movie into your DVD/Blue-ray player or set it to stream on Netflix.
Hunger Games Inspired; Goat Cheese Muffins with Cherry Preserves
Yields 18 muffins
2 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup granulated sugar
5 ounces goat cheese
6 tablespoons butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
¼ cup buttermilk
1 cup cherry preserves
1. Prepare a muffin tin with paper liners or by greasing the inside of the tins.
2. Preheating oven to 350.
3. In a large mixing bowl add flour, baking soda, and salt and whisk until combined.
4. In a separate bowl, beat butter and sugar until fluffy.
5. Add in vanilla, then eggs, and beat until combined.
6. Beat in milk.
7. Add dry ingredients, and mix gently until combined.
8. Gently fold in cherry preserves.
9. Fill muffin cups just over 2/3’s full.
11. After removing the muffin tin from the oven, place it on the stove to cool for 5 minutes before taking out the muffins to place on a plate.
Which Hunger Games Character do you like the most and why? Would you like to see more recipes based on The Hunger Games Trilogy?