These delicious Harry Potter butterscotch cupcakes are perfect to share with your friends or for any special occasion. Come every October, it seems I have Harry Potter on the brain. From reading the books and watching the movies I’ve become a bit of a Potterhead.
Why don’t you surprise your chosen one or that friend or group of friends who love Harry Potter preparing them these exclusive cupcakes?
Makes 24 cupcakes
For the cupcakes:
– 1 box of yellow cake mix
– 1 package of butterscotch pudding
– 3 eggs
– 1 cup of water
– 1/3 cup of vegetable oils
– Mini M&M’s – Green for Slytherin, Red for Gryffindor, Blue for Ravenclaw and Yellow for Hufflepuff
For the frosting:
– 1 container of store bought vanilla frosting
– 1/2 cup of caramel ice cream topping
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare cake mix according to directions on the box but add the package of butterscotch pudding.
- Line a cupcake pan with liners – make sure to stay away from liners that are the house colors!
- Pour batter into the cupcake liners, making sure not to fill to the top.
- Bake for 18-21 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Use a knife to cut a small hole in the top of the cupcake. Pour in the same color of mini M&M’s and then put the cupcake circle back on top so the M&M’s are covered and inside the cupcake.
Prepare the frosting by mixing store-bought vanilla frosting with a 1/2 cup of caramel ice cream topping. Once mixed, pipe the frosting on top of the cupcake. I used a Wilton 2D tip.
Alternatively, you can top with white frosting and drizzle with the caramel topping.